Aim Academy is hiring!
Do you want to change the world?
Do you crave working hard with a small, mission-driven, world-class team of entrepreneurs changing the vision of school?
If your passion is to fuel the love of learning in others while advancing your own personal and professional growth, this is your chance to get in on the ground floor of one of the world’s most innovative schools.
Aim Academy is a private micro-school and learner-driven community with the mission that each person who enters its doors will find a calling and change the world. We combine elements of the Montessori method with Socratic guiding, hands-on experiential quests and interactive technology. Underlying our method is an application of the Hero’s Journey creating a lively learning environment that feels more like an adventure than school.
At Aim Academy, we have mixed-aged classrooms called studios with a self-paced learning design as opposed to grade-levels. Our real world oriented quests culminate in a public exhibition of learning as opposed to test scores and report cards. Our students are empowered to be in the driver’s seat of their learning.
Elementary School Guide
We are seeking a full-time Guide to work with our amazing Eagles. Our Guide has the opportunity to grow quickly and steadily into a Lead Guide and ultimately open his or her own Acton Academy or take on a leadership role on our Sandy campus.
We are looking for a smart, entrepreneurial individual who is passionate about guiding children on their independent journey of lifelong learning, and who possesses an understanding of the Hero's Journey and the Socratic Method.
Our Guide will learn to lead Socratic discussions and will learn how to work with the Aim Academy learning design, processes and systems.
Our Guide will equip our Eagles to explore and take ownership of their learning, monitor progress on Montessori curriculum, and create life-oriented projects that nurture curiosity.
The Guide will work with the co-founders to:
- Facilitate a truly customized education for each learner in the Studio.
- Affirm students, holding them accountable to their promises and to their commitment to deliver “the best work they can do” as they discover and pursue a calling on a Hero’s Journey.
- Create meaningful exhibitions, ceremonies and celebrations that reinforce the rules of engagement, personal and group covenants to provide and strengthen a safe learning community.
- Act as a role model as an independent learner on a Hero’s Journey.
- Launch and lead Socratic discussions.
- Create and launch Quests (projects), including developing daily challenges and curating world class examples.
- Supply Studio environment and set up Studio as inspiration for learning.
- Incorporate materials and lessons into ‘core skills’ work time. Observe and track each child’s progress via a cutting-edge online dashboard.
- Encourage young heroes to track their progress and create portfolios to show parents, peers, and apprenticeship employers what they can do.
- Uphold promises to students, parents, and fellow Guides made in relational covenants.
- Pass along each of these responsibilities to students as quickly as possible, so as to allow students to lead themselves.
- Communicate with parents.
- Experience building strong relationships with young children.
- Deeply curious and ready to learn and work hard.
- Kind-hearted and tough-minded.
- Love of lifelong learning.
- Innovative and entrepreneurial thinker.
- Ability to build and maintain a strong culture of self-directed learning.
- Experience planning and implementing project-based and real-world learning.
- Evident passion for being on a Hero’s Journey.
- Proficient quantitative reasoning skills to look at learner growth data and apply the results to your work.
- Training in Montessori, Reggio, Waldorf, or unschooling models is helpful but not required.
Salary and Aim Academy Non-Discrimination Policy
Our Guides receive competitive pay, commensurate with experience.
Aim Academy is an equal opportunity employer and hires without consideration of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, veteran status or disability. We strongly encourage all candidates to apply.